Monday, May 11, 2009

Why?

Everyday I find something that makes me ask, why? Not that I think we are crazy or anything like that, but just why? Why does it matter? Why do we care? Why did you waste time printing this? Why was it 40 degrees last night? Why will it not stop raining? Why are you still in this business? Why didn't I think of that? Why was it (80 or 20)degrees this morning and (snowing or 90) now? Why is is still raining? Why do they keep hiring weather people in KY? Why, why, why....etc. So in real estate I have these too, everyday. Why would you do that to your walls? Why did you choose that carpet? Why are you wasting our time? Why are you wasting my time? Why can't all buyers/sellers be like you? Why did I answer the phone? Why does every sales person in the world call me? Why is it that you are the only company that can put me on top of Google? Why did the last person say he was the only one? Why do you like this house not the other 23 we looked at? Why did I get that postage meter? Why, Why, Why....etc. So just to risk the sake of losing the 2 people that actually read this BLOG I am going to start sharing mine, and any other why's I get from time to time.....

A weird one for me that happened today....."..when asking a prospect who had called me about a listing I have, "Why do you want to move to Lexington anyway?" This after rambling about how good his current hometown was particularly the schools there, and that we really seemed like a town that thought we were stuck up and too good, not that he had any pre-misconceptions (sic) of course of KY.
I asked him if schools were important to him, he said no.
I asked him if the price range of the home he called about was a factor? No.
The area of town? No.
The home in particular? No.
Then what is it what made you call me? Pause....
I thought you called me?
Me....Pause.....pause....uh no.
OK bye. Click....

Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment